Communication is a central element to understanding your remodeling project. During the initial consultation we will ask you several questions to help us better understand you and your needs. Understanding the reason “why” is crucial for us so that we can diagnose your “problem” with a solution that fits YOU. During this initial consultation our goal is to have a thorough understanding of your project. We will provide you with a projected investment range based upon similar past projects at which we will review our design phase and what you can expect the next steps to look like. If our budgets align, and it is a good fit for us both, an agreement is executed, and the fun of the design phase commences!
- 1st meeting – 60-90-minute in-home meeting at your residence
- Listen to what you like and don’t like about your current home
- Listen to your goals, needs, and what is important to you’
- Evaluate project possibilities
- Discuss your desired budget and investment comfort-zone
- Discuss our Design Phase, answer questions and determine whether our design-build approach is right for you
- If our Design Phase makes sense for you, we will schedule a 2 nd meeting at your home
- 2 nd meeting – 30-minute in-home meeting at your residence
- We will provide you with a projected investment range of your project which will be based upon our experience of other similar projects
- Discuss project scope and design considerations
- If the construction budget falls within the projected investment range, our Design Agreement will be executed and the Design Phase will commence.
- Take photographs of all areas in the scope of work
- Complete field sketch and gather more detailed measurements
- Three meetings with Design team to work through the layout, flow, andfunctionality of the planned space
- Project layout and design to be finalized
- Review the impact the proposed layout has on the project investment
Once the objective is firmly in our minds, we offer suggestions and recommendations. During the Design Phase, the work scope is closely detailed and all potential costs identified and revisited. We want to ensure your finished project exceeds your expectations, and we take the time and attention to explore all options and discuss all possibilities you have in mind. Clear communication is crucial during this process to ensure your complete comfort and love of the design concept and project scope. Once the project is developed and approved, we move forward with a signed Project Agreement Contract and your deposit is accepted.
- Design Agreement is executed which details a high-level scope of work, projected investment range, & retainer deposit details
- Design agreement will outline the work to be completed during this phase
- Design retainer will be credited towards construction agreement
- Approximately 6-12 weeks of design development & selections
- Vision pictures will be requested to allow design team to become better acquainted with vision and style of you
- Your designer will ask you a series of questions in order to help further understand what is important to you and to help us determine what solutions and products will be best for you and your project
- Your design coordinator will walk you through a series of selections
- Meetings to take place at various showrooms we work with
- Review the impact that the selections have on the project investment
Specifications / Agreement
- Final selections are reviewed and approved by engineering and design team
- Construction Agreement is discussed and executed
- Apply for building permits/variances, etc. as needed depending on the project and township requirements
- Prepare construction schedule to ensure project is completed in a timely fashion
This is where the fun begins!
We will help you navigate the selection of all necessary components to accent and define your newly remodeled space, which includes fixtures, counters, cabinets, tile, paint colors, and more. To support you in this endeavor, our in- house design consultant will schedule your appointments and accompany you to lend her suggestions or manage the process on your behalf. This service is complimentary for our clients.
- Pre-construction meeting to take place prior to start of project where project manager and Lead-Carpenter will meet and review project with you
- Work hours between 7am – 4:15pm, Monday-Friday
- Setup dust protection walls at key locations in project
- Portable toilet to be used throughout project and cleaned regularly
- Jobsites are swept at the end of each day and vacuumed at the end of every week
- Lead-Carpenter to be on-site daily and accessible by phone or email when not on-site
- Keep you updated with project updates as the project progresses
Your home remodeling project begins!
At this point, most selections are finalized and the design confirmed. A construction contract is signed with a project cost that outlines project details and selections. We communicate with you frequently during the project to
update you on the progress and monitor your experience and comfort, and to verify that all your expectations are met and exceeded. Our commitment to cleanliness ensure you that the job site is kept clean throughout the project duration, for your comfort. We sweep and clean daily, hang tarps to limit the dust and debris, and perform our work with respect to you and your home. Upon project completion, your newly renovated space is scrubbed and vacuumed thoroughly, and the remodeled area ready for its intended use.
- Upon substantial completion of your project (space is ready to be used), a completion meeting walk-through is scheduled to review project
- Two-year craftsmanship guarantee provided on work completed
- Keep in touch with phone calls in months following the completion of project
- Any adjustments needed will be scheduled within 30 days
Long after the last nail is in place, we continue to ensure your satisfaction with a two-year Warranty on our workmanship. Your complete satisfaction is our goal and contacting us is only a phone call away. We consider it our privilege to take away all your remodeling concerns. Our Communication, Excellence, Cleanliness, and Innovation means that your remodeling experience with us includes the highest level of customer service, relationship integrity, and extraordinary craftsmanship. The truth is measured in our vast repeat clients and client referrals.